Friday, May 4, 2012

Bariloche, Argentina

Hike; El Refugio Frey



Hike; El Refugio Frey. It was a 6 hour hike full of beauty ( fall colors of oranges, yellows, and reds, snow capped mountains, beautiful lakes, etc.)





And just as I was thinking that things could not possible get more beautiful than this, I see a rainbow....
It was as if someone wanted to put me at peace, and I most certainly was. For the first time in a long time I felt no stress, no worries. I just felt, at peace.

A refugee at midway

It got to be a bit cold at the top, but the views just kept getting better and better.

I was just surrounded by mountains and beauty

almost to the top

El Refugio Frey... After a 3 hour hike to the top, I made it!

Yet, more stunning beauty


The people in the refugee even treated me to some Yerba Matte

They even had a cat and a fireplace. It was nice getting warm after a frigid hike to the top. I spent an hour at the top having good conversation with a lovely couple from New Zealand, before heading back down the mountain.



I just couldn't believe my eyes. So much color!

beauty, beauty everywhere

Times like these I wish I had a better camera. Unfortunately these pictures just don't do justice. Those mountains you see are just covered with color.  It is the beginning of fall here, so all the leaves are full of bright oranges, reds, and yellows.

The color of this lake is a beautiful turquoise color. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that way in photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment