Friday, April 20, 2012

Final days in Calderitas

hiking to the river  with my host family during the Semana Santa

The entrance to the school.
The world map and map of El Salvador that I painted with a group of youth in my community
My best friend Lorena at the lake in my community.
Supposedly the home to crocodile and large snakes.
Cuidado!



My despedida at the school.  The school put this sports day in my name.  How kind.

They gifted me a really nice hammock and a plaque.  This a picture
of me receiving my plaque from a 5th grade student.
This student learned  how to say this in English and stood in front of the
entire school and said "Jamie, thank you for all your help and the work you
did in our school. You are such a nice person and we will never forget you"

Traffic jam
A sign before going to my community, Calderitas. 




My nephew Lenny nursing a wild bird.
 His mom, Lorena put a band-aid on it's open cuts.
They treated it and kept it in a shoe box until it was able to fly again.
They do the same with squirrels.
My friend, Reina and I
At the waterfall near my community.

My host sister, Allison with mango.
 We hiked to a nearby mango tree to climb to collect mango.

Jose and Oscar with their baby goats

Pig butchering day. No, I did not take part.
The 15 minute long squeal from this pig was
enough to give me chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment